Alright fam, it’s officially Thanksgiving week. If you’ve got your menu nailed down and are ready for the big day, congrats! You’re very good at planning. If you’re still tying up loose ends and need something that’s quick, easy, and a massive crowd pleaser, this recipe for baked brie with brown sugar, cranberries, and slivered almonds is for you. It’s a loose recreation of an appetizer my mom used to make, but I added cranberries because they’re wonderfully festive and add a nice tang.
A word of warning: this stuff is seriously addictive. Friends have come dangerously close to eating a whole wheel of brie because they were hovering over it all night.
Note: If I’m being honest, ingredient amounts don’t matter a ton here. This dish is pretty hard to mess up. My wheel of brie was massive, but if yours is smaller, feel free to scale back the rest of the ingredients accordingly. Also, I’ve written this for a full wheel of brie because it’s self-contained and picturesque. If you just have a slice, it’ll work. It might be a little messier, but it’ll still taste great!
Baked Brie with Brown Sugar, Cranberries and Slivered Almonds
- A wheel of brie (mine was a whopping 16.9 oz, but smaller is fine too!)
- 2 tbsp butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds
- 2 apples, sliced
- A baguette (sliced) or crackers
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Place your brie on a small pan or baking dish. Put half the brown sugar on top, along with half the butter pieces. Then add the cranberries, followed by the rest of the brown sugar and butter. Put in the oven for about 10 minutes. Once you take it out, loosen the brown sugar and cranberries a bit before scattering the slivered almonds on top.
- Serve with the apples, baguette, and/or crackers!
And that’s it! Like I said, it’s the easiest recipe ever. And people love it. If you end up making this for Thanksgiving (or otherwise), be sure to leave me a commend here or on Instagram to let me know how you liked it!