Homemade granola is the best. It’s easy to make, fills your house with a delicious aroma, and is better and more customizable than any store bought version. Probably cheaper, too. Maybe not upfront, but after a few batches. This requires more math than I’m willing to do, so I’ll leave it at probably. But I digress. This vegan almond and apricot granola is a dream. It’s a great addition to yogurt bowls (spoiler alert: I’m dropping a yogurt parfait next week that uses it), chia pudding, trail mix, and countless other things. So go make it, ok?!
Let’s talk ingredients.
For this granola, I’ve opted for relative simplicity. I regularly stock all of these ingredients in my pantry, so I can make this granola on a whim. That may be the case for you as well, but if not that’s ok! While it may change the flavor, you can make substitutions here and your granola will still taste delicious. I only tested this version, so please don’t hate me if you make tweaks and don’t love the end result. But I feel like that won’t happen.
Anyway, let’s go through the ingredients that I used along with the occasional parenthetical note:
- Rolled oats
- Sliced almonds (I love the texture of these, but you can totally use slivered, chopped, or even whole almonds if you’d like. You can also try other nuts and/or seeds!)
- Hemp hearts (I add these for a little health boost but they don’t add anything flavor-wise.)
- Chia seeds (See hemp note.)
- Maple syrup (Feel free to use a different sweetener! Agave or honey would work great.)
- Coconut oil (You can totally use another neutral tasting oil here.)
- Dried apricots (I love apricots in this but if you don’t have them, use what you have! Any dried fruit will likely be delicious. Just make sure to add it after cooking, as dried fruit has a high sugar content and can easily burn.)
Wanna see just how easy this is to make? Here’s a quick video:
See? I didn’t even use a bowl. Peak laziness, but it worked beautifully.
Vegan Almond and Apricot Granola
- 3 cups Rolled oats
- 1 cup Sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp Hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom
- 1/2 cup Dried apricots (Chopped)
- Preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Prep a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, a baking mat, or just cooking spray (to prevent sticking)
- Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl (or even directly to your baking sheet).
- Mix the maple syrup and coconut oil together in a separate bowl or measuring cup. Then pour it over the dry ingredients and stir to evenly coat everything.
- Spread this mixture onto your prepared baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes (stirring every 10 or so minutes), or until golden and fragrant.
- Remove from oven. If you want clumps, press the granola down before it cools so that it sticks together better. Then cool and store in an airtight container!
And that’s it! So easy, right? If you make this, I hope you love it. Let me know what you think (and how you’re using it) in the comments or on Instagram. Hearing from you and seeing your beautiful creations always makes my day, so don’t forget to tag me if you post a picture!